With the warmer weather, it is time to think about doing necessary chores around your residence. It does not take long for neglected items to produce a poor appearance or maintenance problems.
- It is time to clean up winter debris - dead leaves, animal droppings, trash, or any other items that are unsightly.
- It is particularly important to clear any debris away from the immediate exterior of your residence to promote fire safety.
- If you still have not taken down holiday lights and decorations, do so now.
- If your rental contract indicates you are not responsible for gardening, it is still important to report any lack of maintenance to us so that we can assist you.
- Adjust sprinklers according to weather conditions for hotter summer weather.
- If you have difficulty with your sprinklers, contact us for assistance.
- It is also time to trim lawns and weed flowerbeds.
- Be sure to keep shrubs trimmed to clear walkways and prevent accidents.
- Report any problems with trees roots immediately.
- Watch gutters for clogging, overflow, and poor drainage. If you need assistance, notify us.
- Check sprinkler controls if you have them and set them accordingly. Call us if you need assistance.
- Avoid letting water accumulate in pots or containers, such as animal dishes - this can lead to problems with mosquitoes and other pests.
- If water accumulates, and will not drain either inside or outside, notify us immediately.
- Dispose of any toxic waste, such as motor oil, properly. Do not put toxic waste in garbage receptacles.
- Clean your garbage can, and at all times, keep the lid secure to avoid unwanted pests or animals.
- Store your garbage receptacle properly.
- Keep any receptacles for pet food or water clean to avoid attracting unwanted pets or animals as well.
- Clean your windows both inside and out.
- Clean door and window tracks so that they keep working properly. Report any maintenance needed for locks or operation.
- Check all outside lights for proper operation. If after replacing a light bulb, the light still does not work, request a maintenance order.
- If you have air-conditioning in your home, turn it on to see if it operates properly and if not, report it as soon as possible.
- Replace all air-conditioning and furnace filters. Clogged filters will only prevent the unit from working properly.
- Test your smoke alarm. If necessary replace the batteries and if, after replacement, the smoke detector does not work, call us immediately
Here are some tips for to maintain your residence:
Keeping your home clean and orderly, inside and out, is a responsibility outlined in your rental agreement. It is also important to maintaining a good rental history. If you have any maintenance questions or concerns, please free to contact us - we are here to help you.